Monday, January 3, 2011

Inspiration: My Fair Wedding

I confess.  I've been completely smitten with the astounding event planner David Tutera since his long-gone show The Party Planner with David Tutera.  His vision, his creativity, his style, his ability to gracefully but with strength and determination make a party follow his specific plans...this man has a tremendous gift, and I love every glimpse of it.

Already a huge fan, I was ecstatic when Tradewind Tiaras was chosen to be a featured vendor for the website that went along with David's last show, Get Married with David Tutera.  I even got to go out to the launch party in Manhattan during Bridal Week and meet him!


Don't I look giddy and not a little starstruck?

Get Married is now hosted by Colin Cowie, another incredibly gifted party designer.  And David Tutera has moved on to his current show, My Fair Wedding.

I have to say, I'm just a wee bit obsessed.

David meets with a bride just a few weeks before her wedding, takes her...let's say unusual...plans for the wedding, and completely takes over and remakes the entire event, in truly grand style.   But the best part is that David always honors the bride's original vision and theme, no matter how wacky (Swamp theme?  Day of the Dead theme?  Pirates?) and somehow makes them beautiful and elegant.  That is party planning magic, and is exactly why, nearly ten years after my own wedding, I'm in love with this show.



A new season started last night on WEtv.  (You had no idea that channel existed?  Neither did I, until I heard David was on it.)  Set your DVR, or find episodes On Demand.  If you're planning a wedding, or you just admire a good party and amazing design, you won't be disappointed.  Even my husband will sit down and watch this show with me, it's so entertaining!

1 comment:

  1. I love this show, too!! I have to step away when it comes on, as I am easily addicted to it and will sit and watch for HOURS. :)

    ReplyDelete