Monday, December 6, 2010

We Love Custom Work!

I'm very excited to show you a recent project we worked on.  I was approached by Kate Landers Events, LLC to contrubute a custom tiara for her newest signature party, a Nutcracker Suite Ballet party! 






 Kate knew that her color palette contained pinks ranging to touches of cranberry with silver accents, and gave me free reign on the design.  Something that a little ballerina princess would love!  I used Swarovski crystals in light rose, rose, and fuchsia, and some gorgeous deep pink pearls to fill in the basic structure, which I formed out of Swarovski rhinestone elements in crystal AB.  The Aurora Borealis finish (an iridescent coating) added extra depth and sparkle, and really picks up on surrounding color.   Just perfect for a little girl!

If you haven't yet seen how it all came together, here's a quick glimpse:


How absolutely stunning and magical!  I was so proud to have contributed a small part to this amazing party.  Many, many more pictures on Kate's blog, so definitely check it out.

I also want to mention that these gorgeous images were captured by the talented photographer Liza Voll.  I know from personal experience how difficult it is to photograph tiaras, and Liza did it gorgeously!   I wish she were local so I could take advantage of her for all our photography needs!

I'd be excited to share this party with all of you under any circumstances, but I wanted to show these pictures to highlight the fact that we at Tradewind Tiaras love custom designs!  It's so much fun to work with a bride, to hear her ideas, see pictures of her dress, her venue, her hairstyle, her heirloom jewelry, and more.  You never know where the inspiration is going to come from, but it's so incredibly gratifying to create something custom that suits a bride's needs perfectly.  So if you don't see something that fits your needs on our website, please don't hesitate to contact us to see if we can create something just for you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hi Nicole, so nice to 'meet' you. Your work is so lovely, I just saw the Kate Landers feature and saw your name so had to pop on over and visit you:) It is crazy but wonderful how blogging connects clever, creative people all over the world (we are in Aust). I have followed your blog (yay) so I won't miss a post. You can find me @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ All the best, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete